Richard Gotfried will continue to bring energetic, effective and responsive representation, with humility, to the people of Calgary-Fish Creek.
Richard is a proud born and raised Calgarian, having lived and raised a family in Calgary-Fish Creek for the past 27 years, while working hard on behalf of constituents as their outspoken and effective MLA since he was first elected in 2015 (as the only new PC Candidate in the entire province to earn the privilege of representing his constituents). He has a proven record of successful leadership, with his committed, collaborative and capable style, in a wide range of community, civic, business and political initiatives. He is dedicated to strengthening the community and our province – now and into the future – around the priorities of fiscal responsibility, ethical and accountable government and as a champion of building a safe, compassionate and inclusive community, that respects the rights and opinions of all, within a democratic society.
A lifetime of Community Building
- Founding Director & Co-Chair – Alberta Dragon Boat Race Foundation
- Founding Member, Director, President & Governor – Hong Kong-Canada Business Association
- Member, Director, President – Skal International Calgary Tourism Association
- Advisor – Trico Charitable Foundation
- Director & Secretary – Calgary Home Builders Foundation
- Director, Treasurer & Special Advisor – GlobalFest (Calgary Fireworks Festival Society)
- Scouter – Lake Bonavista 144th Sea Scouts
- Team Manager – Axemen Lacrosse; Dr. E. P. Scarlett Junior/Senior Varsity Volleyball
- Organizer/Participant/Fundraiser – Kids Cancer Care “Ride for a Lifetime”, “Shave Your Lid For a Kid” & “Golf a Kid to Camp”
- Other community involvement – Volunteer Calgary; Habitat for Humanity, Calgary Food Bank, Steps For Life, NStep, Chinatown Street Festival, Kids Up Front, Boys & Girls Clubs, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Calgary Hitmen, Lunar New Year
- Bow Valley College Campaign Cabinet & more!